The Screenplay Contest Primer
Optimizing your chances of winning
This practical guide explains the advantages of screenplay contests and how to develop the best strategy to enter your screenplay into a contest that will maximize your script’s potential and, with any luck, get you that industry exposure you need.
Thanks, you are subscribed!
Here is the link to your free eBook:
You’ve typed “The End…Fade Out” and finished your screenplay. Job well done!
Of course, the question becomes, now what? The last thing you want to do is to put your script away “in a drawer” and never let it see the light of day. Chances are you don’t have a relative who is a studio executive that can get your script onto the must-read pile. You may not live in LA, where every other person at Starbucks has a connection. And, even if you do live in LA, you’re one of hundreds, if not thousands, trying to peddle their screenplay. What’s a writer to do?
One of the best routes to success is to enter your script in one of the best screenwriting competitions. How do you maximize the opportunity by doing all the preparation to show your best work?
In addition to providing a complete list of the major screenplay contests, the Screenplay Contest Primer guide will explain the advantages of screenplay contests and how to develop a strategy to enter your script into a competition that will maximize your script’s potential and get you that industry exposure you need.
By the end of this guide you will be able to:
- Analyze which screenplay contests are right for you
- Learn the advantages of entering a screenwriting contest
- Develop a global strategy in relation to screenwriting contest
- Discover the top ten screenplay contests around the world
- 5 key advantages in entering -screenplay contests
- The top ten screenwriting competitions
- Developing your strategy
- Consider the short version of your script
- Screenwriter: keys elements to remember
Author: Michael Barmish
Release Date: April 20, 2020
Download Format: PDF (Watermark)