Music for Film and Television
Working with a film music composer
Whether you are a director or a producer, the “Film Music Composer” guide takes you through the process of working with a film music composer to understand they way the work and enhance your creative collaboration.
Enter your email below and we will inform you once the product is available.
The art of storytelling is to hook your audience from the beginning until the end. And yes beyond the 3-Act structure, there are many narrative elements which make your story more engaging to your audience. These elements will make your audience become more emotionally involved in the development of your story and characters.
Creating expectations or dread and constantly navigating from hope to fear allows a viewer to experience a wide range of emotions. While there are some subjects more interesting than others, characters more intriguing than others – although it’s a matter of taste and personal interest – what makes a story a great one to read, to watch, comes from the way the story unfolds, the way the plot and characters are revealed to us, the audience.
How to create your plot without revealing too much but enough to constantly hook your audience is the heart of storytelling. And your skill as a screenwriter is to combine and deliver all these narrative elements, to make an engaging story for your audience.
Whether you are stuck on developing your plot or need to refer to storytelling characteristics as a guideline, this storytelling guide will examine all the narrative elements that you should use to transform your story into one that is captivating to tell.
By the end of this guide you will be able to:
- Develop ways to create a great relationship with your composer
- Understand how a score enhances your overall production
- Analyse creating music for production while staying on-budget
- Know the process a composer takes to produce a great score
- Why Have A Music Score?
- What Is The First Step In Creating A Score?
- How Do Composers Produce A Score?
- How Long Does It Take To Produce A Score?
- When Should A Composer Come On Board A Project?
- What Is The Best Way To Work With A Composer?
- “Temp” Music
- How Does A Composer Deliver A Score?
- How Much Does A Composer Charge?
- How Much Does A ‘live’ Score Cost To Produce?
Author: Niall Byrne
Release Date: April 20, 2020
Download Format: PDF (Watermark)