Composing Music for Film and Television
The Process of Creating an Original Music Score
Most film and television projects will benefit from having an original music score. A music score can add a heightened emotional layer that can often take a film or television drama to another level, greatly increasing its chances of success. Of course the need for a music score, its scale and budget, will depend on the genre of the project.
You are a musician, a songwriter, an orchestral arranger with dozens of themes that could make a great music score. But where to start? What is the process of creating an original music score for the screen? How do you communicate with directors and producers who don’t necessarily express musical ideas in a clear way? How much can you be paid? What is the overall budget allocated to a composer to create a music score?
In this book written by Niall Byrne, one of Ireland’s most successful music composers, we will answer these important questions, taking you through the various steps you need to understand when creating a music score for a film project, whether it’s a short film, a feature film or a TV Series
By the end of this guide you will be able to:
- Understand how a score enhances your overall production
- Analyse creating music for production while staying on-budget
- Know the process a composer takes to produce a great score
- Why Have A Music Score?
- What Is The First Step In Creating A Score?
- How Do Composers Produce A Score?
- How Long Does It Take To Produce A Score?
- When Should A Composer Come On Board A Project?
- What Is The Best Way To Work With A Composer?
- “Temp” Music
- How Does A Composer Deliver A Score?
- How Much Does A Composer Charge?
- How Much Does A ‘live’ Score Cost To Produce?
Author: Niall Byrne
Release Date: April 20, 2020
Download Format: PDF (Watermark)
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.