Developing the Netflix Series
Writing and Producing has dramatically changed
The “Developing the Netflix Series” guide takes you through the key elements that any filmmaker must know when developing TV series and films for Netflix from the standpoint of the writer and producer.
Enter your email below and we will inform you once the product is available.
Appointment television, where viewers or family members gather in the living room to watch the same program at the same time, is quickly becoming a relic of the past. Today, it’s all about “binge watching”– watching on a mobile phone, tablet or on a TV HD Screen, multiple episodes of a TV series in one sitting or over a weekend.
With online streaming, the way we consume a TV series has changed irreversibly. This means writing and producing television has also dramatically changed. New rules have replaced the old when it comes to developing and producing a series or film for streaming services.
By the end of this guide you will be able to:
- Discover the importance of Netflix’s data when greenlighting a series
- Understand the algorithm behind Netflix’s complex rating system
- Identify the themes and genres Netflix looks for when developing a series
- Learn how series development differs between Netflix and traditional broadcaster
- Data Vs Data
- Distribution & Production
- Themes and Genre
- Series Development
- The 3-Act structure of a screenplay
- Working With Netflix
Authors: Neil Fallon & Michael Barmish
Release Date: April 10,2020
Download Format: PDF