The Benefits of Developing a Co-Production Under a Co-Production Treaty
In this guide, we will explain the benefits of co-production treaties and how they can help producers to access additional financial resources for their projects.
There are more than 300 co-production treaties and multilateral conventions that offer many paths to accessing public funding, including tax incentives.
Seeking financing for a project and accessing additional funding resources is a constant battle for indie producers.
In order to encourage economic and multi-cultural cooperations, most countries around the world have established a framework for audiovisual co-operation between countries through the creation of co-production treaties and conventions. These legal frameworks offer many financial benefits for producers involved in an international project, whether it’s a feature film or a TV series.
In this guide, we will explain the key advantages of co-production treaties and how they can help producers to access additional financial resources for their projects.
- What Is A Co-production Treaty?
- Definition Of An International Co-production
- Non Official Co-production
- Official Co-production
- The Benefits Of Official Co-production For Producers
- Official Co-production Requirements
- Validation of the Co-Production Structure
By the end of this guide you will be able to:
- Understand The Key Objectives Of Co-Production Treaties
- Discover The Benefits Of Official Co-Productions For Majority And Minority Producers
- Identify the Mechanisms to combine Public Funding Aids in different countries
- Learn The keys Requirements Of An Official Co-Production
Author: Ilann Girard
Release Date: April 20, 2020
Download Format: PDF
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.